RIS provides a transdisciplinary programme of internationally-oriented education to foster the development of the whole child.
Our goal is to become a leading IB World School, offering the IB Primary Years Programme (PYP) as well as the IB Middle Years Programme (MYP).
In order to become authorized by the IB, among other requirements, schools need to prove that they have established a curriculum that is in line with IB guidelines and requirements. Therefore, we are already implementing a curriculum that have designed in accordance with IB expectations.
Aware of the fact that some students may need to move to the Norwegian system, we offer Norwegian language classes with a view to maintaining a high standard of speaking, reading and writing skills.
The IB learner profile
The learner profile provides a vision of education throughout the school. IB learners strive to be:
What is special about IB programmes?
- IB programmes are recognized around the world and ensure an increased adaptability and mobility for IB students.
- The curriculum and pedagogy of IB programmes focus on international perspectives of learning and teaching, while insisting that students fully explore their home culture and language.
- IB World Schools must undergo a demanding authorization process in order to offer one or more of the programmes, which includes a study of the school’s resources and commitment to the IB mission and philosophy.
- IB teachers participate in a wide variety of professional development opportunities to constantly update their knowledge and share their expertise with colleagues around the world.
- Many students graduating from the Diploma Programme find that it enhances their opportunities at tertiary institutions. The IB works closely with universities around the world to gain recognition for IB programmes.
- The core components of IB programmes encourage students to participate in creative and service-oriented activities, while at the same time emphasizing the importance of reflection on a personal and academic level.
Learn more about the IB Programmes here: