Job Description – Head of School
Title: Head of School
Leads & Manages: Teachers, Coordinators and Assistant Teachers
Work Location: School Based
Reports To: Principal
In addition, the Head of School is required, in consultation and cooperation with the Principal, to carry out the following duties:
General Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the Principal in carrying out the management and organization of tasks involved in running the school; e.g. the school board, Parent Committee, Abelia meetings, NIBS, national IB collaboration, preparing structural documentation about the school and national authorities (UDIR)
- Deputize for the Principal in carrying out the full professional duties which are required.
- Support the Principal in the formation and implementation of a school-wide strategic plan
- Encourage an atmosphere of continuing professional development through being an innovator and a catalyst for new ideas, inspiring and motivating others. To act as a facilitator, enabling teachers, and teams of teachers within the school, to share ideas and best-practice, and seek to continually improve the quality of teaching and learning that takes place across all years.
- Assist the Principal in the annual budget preparations and the continuous financial management of the school
- Development of groups of staff within the school, including auxiliary and part time staff.
- Ensure effective communication and organize and implement systems and procedures for the daily running of the school
- Ensure the school environment and shared areas are tidy and representative of the school ethos.
- Advise and participate in the recruitment of staff.
- Support the coordinators with the implementation of the academic and pastoral programs
- Support the coordinators in ensuring that the standards of the programme is efficiently and correctly implemented
- Ensure efficient administration of policies and handbooks
- Ensure that relevant policies and procedures with regard to student discipline, conduct, and attendance are communicated to students, staff, and parents
- Carry out the responsibilities of the coordinators in case of absences
- Create, store and provide necessary school-wide documentation in relation institutions such as UDIR, IBO and fylkesmannen
- Report to the board annually giving a State of the Programme.